The Most Common Misconceptions about Dentures
Your Trusted Denturists at Baker Lanoue Denture Clinic
Reveal the Truth about Dentures
When it comes to dentures, there are several myths that surround them. If you need dentures, these misconceptions can be discouraging and make you reconsider pursuing this course of treatment. Fortunately, most of these beliefs are false. In fact, dentures can restore your smile, increase your confidence and leave you with a healthier mouth. Don’t delay your denture fitting despite what you might have heard. The professionals at Baker Lanoue Denture Clinic are here to debunk some of the most common misconceptions about dentures so you can have peace of mind.
Debunking 5 Common Myths about Dentures
Nowadays, dentures are used by countless people all over the world. Yet, prospective denture wearers are constantly led to believe certain untruths about them so it’s time we separate fact from fiction. Here are 5 common misconceptions about dentures:
- Dentures Last Forever: One of the most prevalent myths is that a set of dentures can last you a lifetime. While today’s dentures are longer-lasting than their previous models, the acrylic or porcelain materials they are made from are prone to damage if you do not take proper care of them. Even with the most conscious care, the structure of your dentures can deteriorate over time and natural appearance can also be lost. Visiting your denturist regularly and maintaining good oral hygiene habits will help extend the life of your dentures.
- Eating or Speaking is a Constant Challenge: It’s true that you may not initially be used to the feeling of dentures in your mouth, which can impact your eating and speaking abilities. However, most denture wearers do not have limited diet restrictions and any issues with eating or speaking are often the result of ill-fitting dentures.
- Everyone Can Tell You’re Wearing Dentures: Dental technology has come a long way and dental science continues to make improvements every year. Today, dentures closely resemble natural teeth so much so that it is often difficult to tell who is wearing them and who is not. Dentures are only more noticeable if they do not fit the shape of your mouth correctly or are damaged in any way.
- Dentures Are Too Expensive: Initially, dentures may seem expensive but reputable denture clinics will usually offer you several payment options to cover the cost of your dentures. Additionally, with several denture options to choose from, a professional can help you determine what type of dentures you need that work within your budget.
- You Can Skip Dental Visits: Your mouth is made up of more than just your teeth. When you visit your dentist, he or she is assessing your entire mouth including your tongue, gums and the sides of your mouth. Examining these tissues on a regular basis can help your dentist catch early signs of disease or other oral health issues, preventing you from paying for it later.
Visit Our Windsor Denture Clinic for Complete Denture Services
The common misconceptions about dentures are simply untrue. Dentures are the perfect solution for your missing or damaged teeth and can significantly enhance your quality of life. At Baker Lanoue Denture Clinic, our dentures are always custom made to meet your specific requirements. If you are interested in a consultation but unsure about what to expect, our exceptional staff is here to walk you through the process and address any questions you may still have regarding dentures. Our ultimate goal is to help you find the best solution so you can get the most out of your new teeth.
If you live in Windsor or the surrounding area, please call 519-252-7772 to book your appointment at our denture clinic or request a consultation online.