Does Smiling Look Natural with Dentures?
A Guide from Your Denturists
at Baker Lanoue Denture Clinic
The loss of your teeth can happen at any age. In such cases, dentures are a common treatment option to help restore the look and feel of your mouth. However, one of the biggest worries we hear from patients is the uncertainty over how dentures will affect their smiles. The good news is that dentures not only give you a great looking smile, but also offer several other benefits that will leave you with the ultimate confidence boost. The denturists at Baker Lanoue Denture Clinic can create custom dentures that are designed to give you the most natural looking fit.
How to Choose the Right Dentures for a Natural Smile
It’s easy to underestimate how big a role our teeth play in our day to day lives, until we are faced with the prospect of not having any. Fortunately, modern dentures can give you another opportunity to show off your beautiful smile to the world.
Read below to discover how dentures can impact your overall appearance:
- Support Facial Muscles: Complete or partial dentures that replace your natural teeth can offer support to both your cheeks and lips. They can also smooth out the wrinkles that appear around the mouth. Without the support teeth, facial muscles will sag, adding years to your appearance and making it more difficult to perform simple tasks like eating or speaking.
- Modern Dentures are Natural Looking: The materials used to create dentures make them look more natural than they ever did before. Today, dentures can be made to match your skin tone and natural teeth. They can fill out your facial appearance and seamlessly fit into the shape of your mouth so that your overall look hardly changes.
Are you ready for a confidence boost? Here are a few tips for choosing the right dentures to complement your smile:
- Ask a trusted loved one to accompany you to your appointment. They can help you select the most natural looking denture option.
- Practice makes perfect. Expect an adjustment period when you get your new dentures but they will restore your natural smile over time.
- If your smile still feels unnatural, you may need to visit your denturist to have your dentures refitted. Making adjustments to the fit can help improve your smile.
- If you are shy of smiling because you are concerned about your dentures slipping in public, try using some adhesive to keep them in place.
- Take care of your dentures as you would your natural teeth. A healthy looking set of teeth makes for the best smile.
Find Comprehensive Denture Services at Baker Lanoue Denture Clinic
Whether you require full, partial or implant retained dentures, the first few weeks of having them can be an adjustment. If speaking and eating is a challenge or if your smile doesn’t look quite right, it’s important to give yourself time to practice wearing your dentures. Over time, these effects will begin to fade until you are left with nothing but a normally functioning mouth and beautiful smile. What are you waiting for? Let the professionals at Baker Lanoue Denture Clinic give you a reason to smile again with our comprehensive range of denture services. Work with our trusted denturists who can help you find the right solution that fits your needs and budget.
If you live in Windsor or the surrounding area, please call 519-252-7772 to book your appointment or request a consultation online.